People have been drinking vines since the start of time. It has been the royal drinks of the emperors and today everyone in the world enjoys drinking it. To drink wine has become a way of celebration, a way to party and a way to express one’s love. Here’s a list of top 10 most expensive wines.
10. Chateau D’YQuem 1811 – $117,000
The wine is made by a special biodynamic method and its taste is full of flavors. Only 700 bottles are made per year. You better hurry up if you want to buy one for yourself.
9. Domaine Leroy Chambertin Grand Cru 1990
of Cote de Nuits, France – $7,447
The wine has a flavorful taste of cherries and plums. Once you taste you will find yourself standing in the countryside and smelling the pure earth. The taste of the wine is worthy of its price.
8. Domaine Georges & Christophe Roumier Musigny Grand Cru 1990 of Cote de Nuits, France – $11,720
Roumier was the son of a woman who got married and received two vineyards as the dowry. The vine has a fabulous taste and is the best drink for a candlelight romantic dinner.
7. Domaine Leroy Musigny Grand Cru 2012 of Cote de Nuits, France – $14,436
The wine has a silky texture and its taste is unbelievable. Every single drop of this wine is worth the price.
6. Domaine de la Romanee-Conti Grand Cru 1990 of Burgundy, France – $21,216
For a person who likes to have his drink intense, this is the best choice you can find. The intensity of this Romanee-Conti makes it one of the finest wines.
5. St. Emilion Cheval Blanc 1947 of Bordeaux, France – $135,125
This are grade-A wine of Saint Emilion. Just a single sip will make you feel heavenly and out of this world.
4. Penfolds Grange Hermitage 1951 – $38,420
It is the most expensive wine in Australia and was sold in an auction. The taste of the wine is known to be one of the best.
3. Chateau Lafite 1787 – $156,450
It was discovered in 1985 in a wine cellar. It was allegedly in the possession of former U.S. President, Thomas Jefferson. It even has the signature of the president etched on it.
2. Chateau Margaux 1787 – $225,000
The wine had initials of Thomas Jefferson who was an ambassador who came to France. Unfortunately, it was broken at a party by a waiter on accident. Oops!
1. Screaming Eagle Cabernet 1992 – $500,000
The Screaming Eagle Cab is the most expensive and yummiest red wine. People who love red wine would love to taste this just once.