Well, yes, today we are talking about the most heart-wrenching moments in anime when beloved characters are betrayed by the one they used to love. So, grab some courage, and let’s take a look at the top 10 betrayals in the history of anime.
10. Futoshi in Darling in the Franxx, 2018
Futoshi was betrayed by his beloved girlfriend Kokoro, who fell for another boy of their group and left him. The outcome left Futoshi heartbroken and alone.
9. Yuki Amano in Future Diary, 2012-13
Yuki and Yuno love each other madly, but Yuno has some dark secrets and kills Yuki after stabbing herself to death.
8. Kenshin Humora in Ruroni Kenshin Trust and Betrayal, 1999
The anime is full of love, blood, and betrayal. A great example is when Tomeo falls in love with the girl who’s husband he killed, while she plans her revenge on him all long.
7. Emma in The Promised Neverland, 2019
6 years old Emma realizes that her heavenly Mother is instead a part of the demons from the hell and has been raising orphans like cattle. With this realization, she breaks the leg of Emma to terrorize her. Is she really a mother or just a demon?
6. Momo Hinamori in Bleach, 2004-12
Hinamori was stabbed to death by her love Lieutenant, which shattered the hearts of anime viewers to pieces.
5. Kaname Ohgi in Code Glass, 2006-08
Kaname has the same story as Hinamori since the love of his life shoots him dead.
4. Sakura Haruno in Naruto Series, 2002-17
Sakura confesses her love to Sasky but he knocks her off and joins the team of the villains.
3. Makoto Itou in School Days, 2007
Sekai is betrayed by Makoto who cheats every single girl he meets because he was betrayed by his first girlfriend. Because Sekai discovers this truth, she kills him.
2. Ku Uraki in Mobile Suit Gundam; Stardust Memory, 1991-92
Ku Uraki’s girlfriend develops romantic feelings for the villain who has been planning on destroying the Earth.
1. Sanosuke Izayoi in Danganronpa 3; The End of Peak’s High School, 2016
Selfish Sonosuke gives his boyfriend a pill of death while kissing him, and he dies by saying I love you. Because of the great tragedy, it make it to #1 of the top 10 anime betrayals in the history of anime.